Board of Directors
As a non-profit organization, L’Arche Antigonish is managed by a local Board of Directors and works collaboratively with the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services in developing programs for persons with intellectual disabilities.
The L’Arche Antigonish Foundation was incorporated as a non-profit society to respond to the funding needs not covered by the Department of Community Services. These “Friends of L’Arche” help the local L’Arche community participate in the regional, national and federation activities of L’Arche and to share the story and mission through various fundraising initiatives.
L’Arche Identity Statement
- We are people with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in communities belonging to an International Federation.
- Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our journey together.
- We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognize our need for one another.
L’Arche Mission Statement
- Make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
- Foster an environment in a community that responds to the changing needs of our members, while being faithful to the core values of our founding story.
- Engage in our diverse cultures, working together toward a more human society.